Everyone wants to lose weight without exercising? A quick fix right? You can start to see a difference if you make simple lifestyle and diet changes. Who needs an expensive gym membership or spending hours on end working out. Let me list a few simple solutions tips to begin you on your weight loss journey without breaking a sweat. Losing weight is about eating less calories, it is very o important that the calories you take in come from a well-balanced diet. Please make sure to eat the appropriate amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats to ensure your body is getting the fuel it needs.
1. Drink 2 glasses of water before every meal. Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger. .This will also help you eat less. if you don’t like plan water ? Drink 2 cups of green tea. Green tea is excellent in increasing the body’s ability to burn fat as fuel and it hydrates the body despite the little amounts of caffeine it has in it. Stay well hydrated. Take your weight, divide it by 2 and that is how many ounces you need to drink per day. Try your best to aim for 64 oz ‘s or about 8 glasses each day.
2. Eat foods that are whole and takes longer to digest. Stay away from “junk” foods. Try to fill up on foods like beans, lentils, chickpeas, eggs, avocados, broth based soups,pickles, almonds, apples, broccoli and oatmeal which take longer to break down and in return make your stomach feel full longer.
3. Slow down and chew your food. January 2014 issue of Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.1 Researchers found that you may consume fewer calories over the course of a meal when you eat slowly. Chewing sends vital signals to your body to start preparing for digestion; chewing starts the secretion of hormones, activates taste receptors, prepares your stomach lining for secretion of hydrochloric acid, and prepares your pancreas for secretion of enzymes and bicarbonate.(1)
4. Don’t eat while watching TV or sitting in front of computer. We make this mistake all the time. We are trying to multi task without being mentally engaged in what we are stuffing in our mouths. You should be fully focused on what your stuffing into your mouth. Before you know it, you’ve down ate a entire bag of chips!
5. Never eat 3-4 hours before bedtime. Your body does not burn calories when we your sleeping. Your body repairs itself @ night. You do a full body detox cleanse. Your mind relaxes, your heart rate drops, your blood pressure drops.
6. Make your calories count. Stop consuming empty calories, highly processed foods that contain added fat and sugar like soda , chips, JUNK foods. Eat more nutrient-dense foods like whole fruits and whole veggies. Go online and search a calorie calculator, then input your weight, height, age and activity level in order to calculate your recommended caloric intake. Each person is different, so it’s best to get your own, personalized number. Never eat under 1200 calories per day. Your body needs fuel!
7. Keep a journal with a meal plan. This way you can be accountable for what you stick in your mouth and you are more aware of what your eating.
8. Get your beauty rest. Sleeping 7-9 hours each night is recommended for your general health well-being. Studies have shown that people who sleep less than 6 hours per night , weigh more than those who get adequate rest.
9. Never skip breakfast! This starts your body’s engine and gets your metabolism going.
10. Make the right food choices!
Follow me on twitter!! @thyroidismchick
- ↑ http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/sleep-and-weight-gain/faq-20058198
Thehypothyroidismchick.com is committed to providing information on natural and alternative health, but I am not a health care professional. All material provided by my website is for informational purposes only, and is not to be taken as medical advice or recommendation. Any health concern or condition should be addressed by a doctor or other appropriate health care professional. The information and opinions found on this website are written based on the best data available at the time of writing, and are believed to be accurate according to the best of my discernment .
Links on this website may lead you to a product or service that provides an affiliate commission to the owners of this site should you make a purchase. In no way does any affiliate relationship ever factor into a recommendation, or alter the integrity of the information we provide.