I’ve been do my best to manage my hypothyroidism for years. After tons of research. Here is a list of 28 ways you can boost your energy and fight back against hypothyroidism when it flares up! Most common 16 symptoms of having hypothyroidism is:
16 symptoms of hypothyroid
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Dry skin
- Unexplained weight gain
- Puffy face
- Muscle weakness
- Elevated blood cholesterol level
- Muscle aches and pain
- Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
- Heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods
- Thinning hair
- Slower heart rate
- Depressed mood
- Impaired memory
Ways on how you can start to manage your life with Hypothyroidism when a flares up :
- Eat a Clean, Balanced Diet
- Manage Your Stress
- Drinking organic green juices.
- Cooking all cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and not eating them raw, which can effect and slow your thyroid.
- Remove sugar, gluten and alcohol from your lifestyle.
- Drink green Matcha tea.
- Daily walks , meditation and yoga.
- Take Epsom salt baths.
- Finding a balance with Selenium/Zinc in my body to support my thyroid.
- Removing parabens from all beauty products including makeup, shampoo, conditioner, soaps, sunscreen, dish soap, etc.
- Using organic dyer sheets and organic laundry soap from Seventh Generation.
- Using organic cotton shower curtains, towels and sheets.
- Using steam saunas weekly to help detox and assist with auto-immune symptoms.
- Reading all labels-making sure you stay away from Soy products
- Maintaining a Healthy Body Weight
- Whole Food Supplements
- Try Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Limit your caffeine
- No smoking
- Keep Your Blood Sugar Balanced
- Add Vitamin B12, probiotics, ample omega-3 fatty acids
- Get plenty of sunlight to optimize your vitamin D levels and take 1000-2000IU daily of Vitamin D3
- Lift weights
- Make sure your medication dose is correct
- drink more water
- take a nap
- Use organic coconut oil in your cooking
- Adding chlorella, parsley, or cilantro to your daily smoothie to help your body detoxify from chemical exposures (petrochemicals, PCBs, pesticides, and mercury).
It’s an utterly ridiculous notion to think that your work can’t make your heart sing and your soul smile. My life is to short and too valuable to be unfulfilling. I don’t want my life to be in a routine where I start to feel dull and I start to slowly die on the inside. I will express myself with all my skill and my life with enthusiasm! I am here to stay and screaming out to the world, “Here I come ready or not”!
I know, that I’ve found my sense of purpose and what makes my heart leap with joy it’s writing, blogging and being an investigative journalist.
Follow me on twitter
A Women’s Holistic Holy Grail Handbook for Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s: How I healed my Hypothyroidism and Autoimmune Disorder with Personalized Nutrition
The information and recipes contained in blog is based upon the research and the personal experiences of the author. It’s for entertainment purposes only. Every attempt has been made to provide accurate, up to date and reliable information. No warranties of any kind are expressed or implied. Readers acknowledge that the author is not engaging in the rendering of legal, financial, medical or professional advice. By reading this blog, the reader agrees that under no circumstance the author is not responsible for any loss, direct or indirect, which are incurred by using this information contained within this blog. Including but not limited to errors, omissions or inaccuracies. This blog is not intended as replacements from what your health care provider has suggested. The author is not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of any of the suggestions, preparations or procedures discussed in this blog. All matters pertaining to your health should be supervised by a health care professional. I am not a doctor, or a medical professional. This blog is designed for as an educational and entertainment tool only. Please always check with your health practitioner before taking any vitamins, supplements, or herbs, as they may have side-effects, especially when combined with medications, alcohol, or other vitamins or supplements. Knowledge is power, educate yourself and find the answer to your health care needs. Wisdom is a wonderful thing to seek. I hope this blog will teach and encourage you to take leaps in your life to educate yourself for a happier & healthier life. You have to take ownership of your health.