Now that your starting to be curious and eat to cater to your thyroid. Don’t feel you have to totally give up on foods you love. Cooking actually isn’t very hard. You can put together some simple meals very easily — often in less time than it takes to get take-out food, and definitely in less time than it takes to go out to eat. If you learn to cook yourself, you can have control of the ingredients, and once you get the hang of it, it often tastes a lot better, too!
Healthy food doesn’t have to be boring!
It is definitely a struggle to switch your eating habits, and takes time to find new ways to spice up healthy foods-but it’s not impossible. There are so many foods out there that can kick your craving for the ‘unhealthy’ foods.
Processed foods and sugar influence our taste buds and when you stop eating those things on a regular basis, other foods actually start to taste better.
Be creative and experiment!
|Herb Burgers||Italian Spice Burgers||Onion & Garlic Burgers|
|1 lb. ground beef or bison or ground turkey||1 lb. ground beef or bison or ground turkey||1 lb. ground beef or bison or ground turkey|
|1/2 tsp. sea salt||1/2 tsp. sea salt||1/2 tsp. sea salt|
|1/2 tsp. dried rosemary||1/2 tsp. dried oregano||1/4 cup finely diced fresh onion|
|1/2 tsp. dried sage||1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic||1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic|
|1/2 tsp. dried thyme||1/4 tsp. dried basil|
- If you have a kitchen-aid mixer, you can use it at low speed, to blend the spices into the meat. Otherwise, put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and blend with your hands.
- Shape into 3 or 4 patties, depending on how big you like your burgers. (This recipe also doubles very easily.) If you have time to let them sit for 30 minutes before cooking, they’ll be even more flavorful.
- You can cook these in a skillet over medium heat (5-8 minutes per side), or on a gas grill over medium heat (3-5 minutes per side). If you cook them on the grill, just be sure to preheat your grill, and poke a small hole in the center of each patty to ensure they cook evenly (no raw centers). You’ll notice I did that in the top photo.
- You can also freeze the patties, to cook later.
Extra Flavor Options:
- You can also top your burgers with lots of flavorful condiments! Everything from ketchup, red onion, tomato to guacamole to BBQ sauce.
Audrey Childers is a cook and the blogger behind Thehypothyroidismchick.com. After recovering from her own struggle with both Celiac and Hashimoto’s disease, adrenal fatigue, and multiple vitamin deficiencies, Audrey started to write about her experience to share with others and help them realize they are not alone in their struggles. She is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner , and is the author of A survivors cookbook guide to kicking hypothyroidism booty, Reset your Thyroid, Hypothyroidism Clarity, A survivors cookbook guide to kicking hypothyroidism booty: the slow cooker way and Hypothyroidism: The Beginners Guide: How to stop surviving and start thriving , a guide and recipe books for the hypothyroidism protocol. Audrey has found her path to better health with the hypothyroidism Protocol. Now it’s her mission to share that approach with nourishing recipes, practical resources, and community connections. This blog may be re-posted freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this copyright statement.
I want to thank you for reading my latest blog. Please let me know if you need any support with it.
Otherwise, are we friends on Facebook yet? If not let’s do that now, healing Hypothyroidism. I like to connect on a more personal level there and often; offer social media only products that can only be accessed on my page and share daily updates along with recipes. Remember sharing is caring. Please share and post a comment to this blog! I would love to hear from you. Sign up for my blogs @ thehypothyroidismchick.com . You can also Follow me on instagram @ Thyroidismchick or Follow me on twitter @Thyroidismchick.
Health and Happiness,