As you know, if you’ve been following me for quite some time now, it’s years since I started drinking fresh lemon water with Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt, every SINGLE morning. It’s the first thing that goes into my body and I certainly wouldn’t have it any other way. In fact, I’m basically an alarm clock at this point.
I wake up at 5:30 every single morning without an alarm clock. My morning routine looks a bit like this: Head to my kitchen and robotically pull an organic fresh lemon out of my fridge then warm me up some water in the microwave next add the freshly squeezed lemon. Followed by my skincare routine and other morning rituals (brush my teeth, face mask/eye patches, shower, etc.). After all that I go back into my kitchen drink my lemon water and head to my computer desk where I start creating content for my blogs, books and respond to emails from people who have purchased my books.
10:30 a.m. I head out my front door to go for a 3-walk to clear my mind, meditate on the agenda for that day and get some of that free vitamin D sunshine.
This new way that I started drinking my lemon water has really made five big changes in my life (amongst all the other benefits I get from it): the bloating is almost gone, weight loss, improved digestion, clearer more radiant skin, and my immune system is thriving. I never get sick but this has really given it more of a boost. As you know, having hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s will have you bloated, over weight and exhausted.
This past week, I decided to bring my lemon water to the next level. I added a few more ingredients to the mix. I have felt more clean, hydrated along with all the other things that I listed. My skin is looking healthier and I certainly fell an overall amount of energy that helps me walk longer than 3 miles.
TIPS: This week, I also started to drink my morning tonic with a stainless steel straw! This is an important switch for a few reasons:
- It’s better for the environment than plastic & contains no BPA (a harmful chemical found in plastics that mimics the activity of hormones, most commonly estrogen, which can lead to reproductive disorders & diabetes or heart disease).
- It’s better for the enamel on your teeth! It prevents the citric acid from coming into contact with your teeth & wearing down your enamel!
- It’s easy to clean, reusable, dishwasher safe!
Now, let’s breakdown what’s in my morning tonic and why!?
- A powerful blood builder that regenerates the body at the molecular & cellular level.
- Helps cleanse, detoxify the liver & flush out heavy metals.
- Fights infection & promotes the health of the circulatory, digestive, immune & detoxifying systems.
- Promotes the growth of healthy intestinal flora, alkalizes & helps the body maintain adequate pH levels.
- Contains antioxidants, making it anti-carcinogenic (it binds to harmful pro-carcinogen toxins that turn into carcinogens when metabolized & inhibits them from being absorbed into the intestines).
- Soothes nervousness.
- Contains magnesium, reduces water retention & improves circulation.
- Fights certain types of cancer.
- Speeds wound healing.
- Helps with healthy weight
- Promotes healthy skin.
ALOE VERA JUICE:
- Boosts immunity.
- Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial & antiviral.
- Promotes healthy cell renewal in both the body & skin, while hydrating.
- Provides a boost of energy.
- Fights certain diseases & cancers.
- Relieves symptoms of acid reflex.
- Contains anti-aging properties.
- Helps with digestion.
- Fights candida (yeast overgrowth, related to unhealthy gut).
- Reduces inflammation.
- Alleviates heartburn.
- Naturally lowers cholesterol & improves blood sugar levels, which make it heart healthy & important for people who suffer from diabetics.
- Helps with healthy weight maintenance.
- LUKEWARM WATER: Ice cold water is shocking on the body first thing in the morning & takes more energy to process. Boiling water may kill some of the enzymes & reduce the beneficial nutrients in the lemon & disrupts the digestive benefits as the body has to use more energy to absorb the nutrients compared to lukewarm water.
- HIMALAYAN OR CELTIC SEA SALT:
- Stimulates digestive enzymes & helps break down/digest/absorb nutrients from food.
- Pulls toxins from cells to be eliminated from the body.
- Hydrates the body.
- Promotes healthy adrenal support.
- Contains calcium, sodium, potassium & magnesium, which work synergistically to help muscle contraction & relaxation.
- Prevents electrolyte imbalance & dehydration.
- Helps balance healthy pH levels.
- Reduces cortisol & adrenaline (stress hormones).
- Improves sleep,
- Contains chromium, sulphur, zinc & iodine which promote healthy skin, fight acne, heal, regulate oil production & increase oxygen consumption in the skin.
- Detoxifying, soothing & alkalizing.
- Revs up metabolism.
- Stimulates healthy digestion.
- Boosts immunity, mood, energy & mental clarity.
- Contains antioxidants, vitamin C & potassium.
- Controls high blood pressure.
- Promotes healthy cholesterol.
- Increases iron absorption.
- Reduces stress.
- Hydrates the body.
- Detoxifies blood.
- Helps maintain skin’s radiance.
- Promotes collagen production.
Now that I’ve convinced you why you should add this to your diet, let’s discuss what you need & how to make it!
- About 8-12oz. of lukewarm water
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. Aloe Vera juice
- Make sure it doesn’t contain citric acid & sodium benzoate.
- 3/4 – 1 tsp. Liquid chlorophyll
- Himalayan pink salt or Celtic sea salt
- OPTIONAL: You can add 1-2 tbsp. Raw organic apple cider vinegar to the mix, if you want some added health benefits for your skin, digestive health, immunity, stabilizing blood sugar levels, antioxidants, healing properties & alkalizing effects. I started drinking 2 tbsp. of ACV every night before bed, so that’s why I haven’t been adding it in the morning! Otherwise, I would!
There is enormous power within our government, religion, politicians, corporations, the media, and the 1% elite idealists in our world. Yes, the scientists and researchers are creating but the reality is the money behind them is paving the way. The funding behind the research is not always truthful and the data effectively influenced to benefit the funding party.
If you are able, please share this around the world. there is strength in unity!
In this book, I have done an intensive job of investigative work where you will learn the current profit environment in the many aspects of the American healthcare industry, the Food Industry, and the Chemical industry. This is not only currently harmful to us but for future generations to come.
You will also learn how Americans deliberately are Being Poisoned for Profit and perhaps finally be able to see the Price Tag Stapled to our ears. We are just disposable pawns in their game of chess.
The industry for profit over people is mean, nasty, greedy, and sinister. Everything I feared is true.
There is a war raging against humanity and our earth. We have been passively indoctrinated and so utterly pre-programmed that we do not ask the questions that need to ask. We have laid our trust completely in those in power or someone with a title behind their name. People conditioned blindly believing in things simply because enough people assured us it was true. Infectious diseases have been irradiated but chronic diseases are the new black plague of our modern time. This book is profoundly personal as it represents a mission brimming with meaning. As I reflect on extraordinary truths about our nation’s health history, current, and future, I also offer you wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. We must stop the atrocities if we want to become a healthier nation in the future. We must stop the atrocities if we want the human race to survive. I hope my voice and advocacy will continue to help lead the way and this book will make changes for current and future generations to come. No, I simply do not have all the answers but I have written plenty in this book to make you start questioning EVERYTHING.
What you are about to discover is terrifying.
The Keto Autoimmune Protocol Healing Book for Women: Strengthen Your Immunity, Fight Inflammation and Love Your Incredible Body
A Women’s Holistic Holy Grail Handbook for Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s: How I healed my Hypothyroidism and Autoimmune Disorder with Personalized Nutrition
Audrey Childers is a published author, blogger, freelance journalist and an entrepreneur with over a decade of experience in research and editorial writing. She is also the creator and founder of the website the hypothyroidismchick.com. Where you can find great tips on everyday living with hypothyroidism. She enjoys raising her children and being a voice for optimal human health and wellness. She is the published author of : A survivors cookbook guide to kicking hypothyroidism booty, Reset your Thyroid, The Ultimate guide to healing hypothyroidism and A survivors cookbook guide to kicking hypothyroidism booty: the slow cooker way. You can find all these books on Amazon. This blog may be re-posted freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this copyright statement.
Thehypothyroidismchick.com is dedicated to covering health and science news that matters most to our generation. We cover a wide range of stories, but ultimately we are driven by two core values: first, to contribute to our readers’ understanding of what is a very complex and constantly changing field of information, and second, to keep in mind the ultimate “smell test” — we want our stories to be the kind of things you talk about at a bar with your friends. Thehypothyroidismchick.com determines coverage based on relevance, clinical significance, and editorial integrity. We give no priority to commercial considerations, and will always clearly distinguish between factual content, commentary, and opinions to avoid misleading readers with institutional propaganda. and speculation.
The information and recipes contained in blog is based upon the research and the personal experiences of the author. It’s for entertainment purposes only. Every attempt has been made to provide accurate, up to date and reliable information. No warranties of any kind are expressed or implied. Readers acknowledge that the author is not engaging in the rendering of legal, financial, medical or professional advice. By reading this blog, the reader agrees that under no circumstance the author is not responsible for any loss, direct or indirect, which are incurred by using this information contained within this blog. Including but not limited to errors, omissions or inaccuracies. This blog is not intended as replacements from what your health care provider has suggested. The author is not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of any of the suggestions, preparations or procedures discussed in this blog. All matters pertaining to your health should be supervised by a health care professional. I am not a doctor, or a medical professional. This blog is designed for as an educational and entertainment tool only. Please always check with your health practitioner before taking any vitamins, supplements, or herbs, as they may have side-effects, especially when combined with medications, alcohol, or other vitamins or supplements. Knowledge is power, educate yourself and find the answer to your health care needs. Wisdom is a wonderful thing to seek. I hope this blog will teach and encourage you to take leaps in your life to educate yourself for a happier & healthier life. You have to take ownership of your health.
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, and information, contained on or available through this website is for general information purposes only. Opinions expressed here are the opinions of the writer. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on or accessed through this website.
Pingback: MY NEW HYPOTHYROIDISM MORNING TONIC: HOW AND WHY I STEPPED UP MY LEMON WATER GAME! - Facts on Depression and Low Self Esteem