The #FLU is NOT a #season. It is an inability to adapt due to decreased sun exposure & quality #food and #water intake, combined with increased #sugar intake and accumulated stress that not being handled well.
Create #health. Create resistance.
- Don’t wait to get treated. If you think you have the flu, get ahead and get checked out. Don’t wait. Tamiflu only helps if you take it in the first 48 hours of symptoms but it can have life threatening side effects. Take with caution.
- Why take a chance? I always try to fight the flu ahead of time. I never get the shot and I’ve never had the flu. There are strains which are not covered when or if you decide to get the shot but I am one of those people who wont take a chance with the other things in the shot. Its up to you to decide if the shot is for you.
- More flu facts. Here is a list of symptoms that can help you figure out if you have a simple cold or the flu. The biggest difference is how fast the flu comes on. With a cold, you feel under the weather for a few days, but with the flu, it’s like you got hit by a truck. Suddenly, you’re a zombie.
We need to be kind to ourselves. Give our bodies a fighting chance. If you constantly feed your body crap then you are making it susceptible to inflammation, virus’s and disease. These two pictures below are actual medications that were given to people who became ill. These two pictures are certainly a blast from the past. But their sudden re-appearance is a chilling reminder of what life was like in the early 20th Century when companies were permitted to sell anything to anyone, no matter how dangerous, regardless of the consequences. Heroin was restricted to prescription-only use in the U.S. in 1914 and eventually banned by the nascent FDA altogether in 1924, except under very strict medical conditions. Bayer, the venerable German drug company, made its first fortunes in the late 1890s when it commercialized both aspirin and heroin as cough, cold and pain remedies. Many people have seen the sepia images of vintage Bayer’s “Heroin” brand medicine bottles. But it’s less widely known that Bayer promoted heroin for use in children suffering from coughs, colds and “irritation” as late as 1912, according to an anti-Bayer watchdog group. (See the ads below.) That was years after reports first began to surface in 1899 that patients were developing a “tolerance” for Heroin, and that addicts in the U.S. were clamoring for more, according to this history of the drug.
The sun keeps your bones healthy. That’s because your body produces vitamin D when exposed to the sun. The so-called “sunshine vitamin” helps the body absorb calcium, which is essential for bone health. Studies have shown that a sensible amount of sun reduces your risk of several cancers and other serious health conditions 15 Reasons Why the Sun is Good for You
Here are a list of whole foods that help fight inflammation and keep mucus at bay. You also need to boost your immunity by making your guy healthy. Beneficial bacteria supports your immune system. For most people, taking a quality probiotic supplement doesn’t have any side effects other than higher energy and better digestive health. As a society we have drastically cut back on our consumption of vegetables and of beneficial essential fatty acids ( flax, pumpkin, black current seed oil, dark green leafy vegetables, hemp, chia seeds, fish) such as those found in certain fish (including salmon, mackerel, and herring) and flaxseed. We are consumed with little fiber and an excess of sugar, salt, and processed foods. Stress, changes in the diet, contaminated food, chlorinated water, and numerous other factors can also alter the bacterial flora in the intestinal tract. When you treat the whole person instead of just treating a disease or symptom, an imbalance in the intestinal tract stands out like an elephant in the room. So to play it safe, I recommend taking a probiotic supplement every. Start taking a quality probiotic. By adding in good Bacteria back it will start supporting your immune system and allow your body is get back into balance and flush things out of our system.
Bone Broth. The new green Juice? Immune support. Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint, actually calls bone broth a “superfood” thanks to the high concentration of minerals. He says that the bone marrow can help strengthen your immune system. (Something that won’t surprise your grandma who always made you her famous chicken soup when you got sick!) A Harvard study even showed that some people with auto-immune disorders experienced a relief of symptoms when drinking bone broth, with some achieving a complete remission. Click on this link for a great recipe!
Chicken Soup for the Flu Plague
- Bones from 2 Roasted Chickens (either homemade or supermarket bought)
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 6-8 cups of water
- spices to your liking
- salt and pepper to your liking
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onions and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery, and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and spices.
- Add the chicken bones and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low to bring to a simmer. Cook for an hour.
- Strain into a container once cooled. Remove the chicken bones. Put the vegetables back into the broth.
- Optional: pick the meat from the chicken bones and add back into the soup. I often skip this part and just add a little leftover chicken into the soup. Picking the meat off the bones takes a lot of time and often yields yucky looking meat the kids turn their noses up at.
You must pamper yourself and help release toxins out of your body!
A good nights rest is a must!
I want to thank you for reading my latest blog. Please let me know if you need any support with it. Otherwise, are we friends on Facebook yet? If not let’s do that now, healing Hypothyroidism. I like to connect on a more personal level there and often; offer social media only products that can only be accessed on my page and share daily updates along with recipes. Remember sharing is caring. Please share and post a comment to this blog! I would love to hear from you. Sign up for my blogs @ thehypothyroidismchick.com . You can also Follow me on instagram @ Thyroidismchick or Follow me on twitter @Thyroidismchick.
Health and Happiness,
The information and recipes contained in blog is based upon the research and the personal experiences of the author. It’s for entertainment purposes only. Every attempt has been made to provide accurate, up to date and reliable information. No warranties of any kind are expressed or implied. Readers acknowledge that the author is not engaging in the rendering of legal, financial, medical or professional advice. By reading this blog, the reader agrees that under no circumstance the author is not responsible for any loss, direct or indirect, which are incurred by using this information contained within this blog. Including but not limited to errors, omissions or inaccuracies. This blog is not intended as replacements from what your health care provider has suggested. The author is not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of any of the suggestions, preparations or procedures discussed in this blog. All matters pertaining to your health should be supervised by a health care professional. I am not a doctor, or a medical professional. This blog is designed for as an educational and entertainment tool only. Please always check with your health practitioner before taking any vitamins, supplements, or herbs, as they may have side-effects, especially when combined with medications, alcohol, or other vitamins or supplements. Knowledge is power, educate yourself and find the answer to your health care needs. Wisdom is a wonderful thing to seek. I hope this blog will teach and encourage you to take leaps in your life to educate yourself for a happier & healthier life. You have to take ownership of your health.